Asked by: Chaibia Leblancasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd April, 2020
How do you set up bunks on a boat trailer?
Click to see full answer .
Then, how do you put bunks on a boat trailer?
Adjust the bunks if your boat is setting on the keel, but is "tipsy" on the trailer . Use your adjustable wrench to loosen the bolts that hold the bunk supports in place on the trailer . Raise the forward end of the bunk until it touches the bottom of the boat and tighten the forward-most bolt.
Also, how high should a boat sit on the trailer? Generally, the boat should sit as low as possible. MR, i have a 20ft Nautico and, yes, they do sit higher on the trailer than mono-hulls, just one of the many differences of a cat boat .
Beside this, what is the best wood to use for boat trailer bunks?
" Pressure -treated pine is the industry standard for boat-trailer bunks," he says, noting that hardwoods such as oak and cypress are popular alternatives to treated pine .
What are the parts of a boat trailer?
Boat Trailer Parts
- PWC/JET SKI TRAILER PARTS.
- BOAT TRAILER ROLLERS & ROLLER HARDWARE.
- BOAT TRAILER BUNKS & BOW GUIDES.
- BOAT TRAILER WINCHES, STRAPS & ACCESSORIES.
- BOAT TRAILER FENDERS & FRAME HARDWARE.
- BOAT TRAILER TIRES, RIMS & ACCESSORIES.
- BOAT TRAILER TONGUE JACKS & DOLLIES.
- BOAT TRAILER DISC BRAKES & BRAKE PARTS.