Asked by: Ilko Brumerasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th March, 2020
Which fish is best in India?
- Rawas ( Indian Salmon) Rawas is one of the most loved and popular edible fish .
- Katla ( Indian Carp or Bengal Carp)
- Rohu (Rohu or Carpo Fish )
- Bangda ( Indian Mackerel)
- Rani (Pink Pearch)
- Surmai (King Fish /Seer Fish )
Click to see full answer .
Also, which fish is best for health?
6 of the Healthiest Fish to Eat
- Albacore Tuna (troll- or pole-caught, from the US or British Columbia)
- Salmon (wild-caught, Alaska)
- Oysters (farmed)
- Sardines, Pacific (wild-caught)
- Rainbow Trout (farmed)
- Freshwater Coho Salmon (farmed in tank systems, from the US)
Also, which fish has less bones India? Bhetki in Bengali and Indian Sea Bass in English. Though called Sea Bass, Bhetki is a riverine fish .
Try out the following fresh water fish with less bones,
- Cat Fish.
- River Maral Fish.
- Rupchand (less bones like Pomfret)
which fish grow faster in India?
Which fish to avoid?
There are only seven fish the FDA recommends avoiding due to especially high mercury levels: Shark, King Mackerel, Marlin, Orange roughy, Swordfish, Tilefish, and bigeye Tuna. Aim for eight ounces, and keep mercury levels in mind.