Asked by: Shana Moreteasked in category: General Last Updated: 31st January, 2020
Why do I get red bumps after shaving my pubic hair?
Click to see full answer .
Hereof, how do I prevent razor bumps on my pubic area?
The following tips may help prevent or reduce razor burnwhen shaving the pubic hair:
- Exfoliate: Rub the area with a body brush or flannel to removedead skin cells before shaving.
- Shave at the end of a hot shower or bath: Warm water opens thepores, making shaving easier.
Subsequently, question is, how do you get rid of hair bumps on your private area?
- Stop removing the hair in that area. Stop waxing, shaving, orplucking the hair in that area until the ingrown hair goesaway.
- Apply warm compresses. Place warm compresses on the area.
- Gently pull out the hair.
- Remove dead skin.
- Use creams to reduce inflammation.
- Use retinoids.
Likewise, people ask, how do you treat shaving rash on pubic area?
A cream containing hydrocortisone will help reduce theredness, string, and inflammation. Make sure to use it as directed.You can also try a moisturizing lotion, aloe vera gel, or a teatree oil balm. There are many products made specifically to combat razor burn in the bikini area .
How do I get a smooth shave down there?
Soak in the tub for at least 5 minutes to soften theskin and pubic hair before you shave . Apply shaving cream or gel with aloe vera or another soothing agent (made forwomen) over all the areas you plan to shave . Reapply asneeded. Use a new/sharp razor or “bikini” razor –DON'T use a dull blade.